Friday, September 7, 2007

Fantasy Land

So I don't think I mentioned the results of the birthday party that the girls went to last week. I need to try to explain this house/garden/fantasy land. This was the home of the woman I mentioned before (the South African brave one?). Upon driving through their gate you are met by two gazebo/pagoda type structures...each are covered by a thatched roof. They have very comfortable relaxing furniture underneath...then you see the life size doll house...next to the treehouse....next to the trampoline....next to the big hole in the ground that will one day be a swimming pool. Lest you think the house is some big Mc Mansion...it isn't...it is super simple. Just the basics, as this family and most of the people here spend all of their time out of doors. It was an amazing party...kids dressed in fantasy costumes...balloons, sweets. I felt like I was on a movie set. Again the great thing was....no expensive magician or entertainment of any kind...just simple three legged races, egg toss etc. All this scene took place in the most beautiful lighting...I say on the porch with the other adults and just watched these ectastic children....ahhh.
Well...as luck would have it the kids are invited back this afternoon for a playdate...I am excited because it means I get to ask Nericia more questions...she is just really interesting. She teaches Decoupage(sp) classes during the day...she reiminds me of Hope a bit. She has an artistic flare to all aspects of her life...able to pull things together easily. I look forward to the two of them meeting when Jodi and Hope get here!!!
Did I mention that Elle and Shawna are coming for a month?!!! Elle is going to attend ISM (International School Moshi) with Nell and Pearl. Shawna and I will be preparing for our climb/trip...I need my butt kicked in the physical fitness arena...no extra weight when one lives in Africa...but my strength is way down from not running etc.
So gotta go buy the bottle of wine for the playdate.....grin!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Peace,
Sarah

No comments: