Thursday, September 6, 2007

Denny's

Ok...here was yesterday's giggle. Nell Pearl and I were walking home...where cows, chickens goats and banana ladies are becoming commonplace, and a guy rode by us on his bike. On the back of this man's shirt was - Denny's-.....Nell and I looked at each other an nearly busted a gut...so funny to see a Denny's uniform used as a cycling shirt. When we tried to explain it to Pearl she responded by saying...I told you there are restuarants somewhere here....guess she is yearning for a Grand Slam breakfast. Last night Nell and Pearl were talking to their Dad...on my dime, but that's another issue just trying to stick it to the interlopers on here...and I noticed nell is developing an accent. Her teacher is from Namibia and speaks an English with an up inflection...so do most of the other nationalities in her class....don't want her to sound like Madonna but it is pretty cute. Pearl is getting Swahili the fastest of the three of us...I need to start formal lessons and plan to do so soon. NNMS started today....kinda strange that we have been in school for 4 weeks already...hope it is going well for all of you. Peek your heads in Mrs. N and Lydia's rooms and tell them the girls will be writing soon!!!
Work has been going smoothly...just got an email from a friend of my mom's boyfriend (follow that?) anyway he is connecting me to Mark Green the Ambassador of Tanzania from the US....think I should tell him I think my night guard smokes weed?

No comments: