Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Intros continued!!!

Ok...so...next we have Jimmy Masterson...Jimmy has been interested in doing this climb sense the first time I came here 4 years ago. He had that look in his eye as if to say "I want to do that" way back when . He and his wife Beth ( who will join us for the second half of the trip) generously sponsored me for that first climb! They are parents to 5 great kids...who I hope they are inspired to bring back in the future. I look forward to spend ing this time with both Jimmy and Beth!!! Then there is Yong Myong....he is the father of three great girls. Yong has traveled all over the world so he will lend an experienced sense of this adventure. yong is checking out the climb for his wife and first born daughter who also want to climb with us in the future (right cathy????)
Julie Newman is a business woman from Chicago...a very very busy one who I imagine will have a challenge slowing down to the pace of Africa. I doubt she will flinch on the mountain as she is a courageous independent soul.
Anna Loftus and Joanne Jorgenson are the other respesenting lawyers on the climb. They both owrk for the same firm but in different regional offices. Joanne hails from Utah...and has been hiking at altitude...she'll be leaving her its and her Army employed husband....now it's her turn to leave the country as he spent time in Iraq. Anna I don't know as well and really met briefly at our last meeting in Chicago...she strikes me a a bright vibrant addition to the group....she's tiny...and looks very fit.
Melissa Guierrez is the youngest member of our group. She is a veteran traveler mostly in South America...I'll be happy to introduce her to Abu one of our drivers who is fluent in Spanish. A few of our Tumaini trained porters also speak Spanish...I like Melissa's enthusiasm and will appreciate it onthe mountain!
Last but not least....it is our lucky luck to have Jamie Dwyer labor delivery Nurse extrodinaire. She was supposed to climb with our group in dec. but contracted Dengue Fever in South America...she has been here in Tanzania for the last few weeks traveling and visiting her sister Sam who is a GAA employee. She is great....I am SOOOOO happy she will be joining us!!! Nice to have a nurse along as well....especially if anyone goes into labor!
Ok....more later my mom needs some more training! HA....
Love to you all....see you climbers soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah

No comments: