Friday, October 19, 2007

"HOME"

I really felt like coming home last night as we traveled from Kenya to Tanzania...such a nice feeling. Our trip was just seamless...glorious. We stayed at a beautiful place right on the Indian Ocean...amazing blue waters and white sand beach. It was a wonderful place for kids...programs and games going all day long for them to join in on or not...no pressure..very Africa. I had characterized this place as Disney-esque prior to our trip...sooo not!! It was so calm and the people so relaxed. Our only real stress was keeping the strong sun off Nell.
The girls and I snorkled one day...it is so fun to do with them. They learned last year in Hawaii and had such a great experience that they just jumped right off the boat into the water...we held hands and looked at the colorful schools of fish below us. I have to say, I feel a bit guilty sharing all of this because it was sooooo great....again...lucky lucky lucky. I know it, we know it....we are appreciating it. Nell and Pearl can now do flips off the side of the pool! Oh...and they had ice cubes there!!! We hadn't seen ice since we left Chicago....ah, the litttle pleasures of life.
Shawna comes in tonight and we have no mattresses for them yet...my challenge for today. Also trying to get back in better touch with everyone. We have really had a major power issue...and the internet provider I have been using just increased their prices by 8 times their former price...can they do that???? I have been trying to download a disk of pictures I have for a couple weeks...I hope to do that this weekend....
We are invitited to a wedding tomorrrow...we'll see how Shawna is feeling because I think that could be a great time! I am sure we won't stick out! HA!!!
Short for now...but we are back safely...eagerly awaiting our guests!!!! I'll write more tomorrow about their arrival!
LOve to all....peace....please.
Sarah

2 comments:

Chris said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Sarah! I just heard about your adventure (and this blog) at Sam's farewell dinner last night. I am so thrilled for you and your girls and, if this isn't weird to say, so incredibly proud of you. It's been almost two years since I was last in Arusha and, with a one year old at home and another baby on the way, I have no idea when I'll have the chance to make it back. I can't wait to read more so I can live vicariously through your experience!